Tasks Completed Before Setting Up This Log (Not in order of completion):
- Finished A Thin Cosmic Rain (9/23/2014)
- Signed into GTC computer and changed password (9/22/2014)
Friday, September 26th, 2014
- Setup root on the cluster
Monday, September 29th, 2014
- Fixed missing font warning when starting root
- setup root on workstation
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
- Figured out how to use Root scripts/macros
- Fiddled with interactive graphs
Friday, October 3rd, 2014
- Got rid of the font warning when signing in from my virtual machine.
Monday, October 6th, 2014
- Learned how to open files and scan the tree within
Wednesday, October 8th, 2014
- Moved from just opening files to setting the branch address and pulling out data.
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2015
Monday, June 15th, 2015
Monday, June 29th, 2015
Following Hao's definition of Inner Galactic Plane
, the map is separated into two regions:
| Galactic Plane [GP]
|| \xB1 4\xB0
| Off Galactic Plane [OGP]
|| everywhere else
Started rough script to filter getHotspots.py for hotspots on the galactic plane.
Todo after rough script is complete:
- Dict reader?
- register dialect
- commandline arguments
- create an object for each hotspot
- check for header (assuming it exists for now, may not be necessary with if switched to DictReader)
- write new file filtered for hotspots on the gPlane
- plot hotspots
- automatically parse .fits.gz?
Monday, July 20th 2015
- modified plotErrorHist to take the input file as an argument rather than it being hardcoded
- Ran plotErrorHist.py on some run logs from March 2015
- This required adding two more error codes to the catalog.