What it is
How to get it?
IMPORTANT: For now this is a combination of two packages, if one of them changes, the following procedure will work any more, I will try to keep this page updated, but if you run into trouble, let me (Sarah Heim) know!
- check out LeptonX package
svn co $SVNROOT/Physics/Exotic/LeptonX/Tools/trunk/ntDumper (your username instead of sheim)
- go to ntDumper/PhysicsAnalysis/AnalysisCommon and do
mv myAna myAnaOLD
- check out MSU package
svn co $SVNROOT/Institutes/MSU/MSUHighPtElectrons/ntDumperMSU/myAna/trunk/ myAna
- in ntDumper
- in TestRun
cp ../PhysicsAnalysis/AnalysisCommon/myAna/run/* .
- in TestProject/cmt
cmt bro make clean
cmt bro make
How to run it?
On the grid?
pathena sheim...joboptions.py --inDS user10.SarahHeim.bla --outDS user10.SarahHeim.bla
To get datasets/output from grid:
How to compile?
What to change between running on data and MC?
- DetDescrVersion (right now ='ATLAS-GEO-08-00-02' ) => info from AMI
- #GlobalFlags.DetGeo.set_atlas() ???
- GlobalFlags.DataSource.set_data() ##processing Real Data #
- GlobalFlags.DataSource.set_geant4() ##processing MC
- for running on data: doTruth and doTruth2 have to be FALSE
Structure of package
- general job options (one for AOD, ESD...)
=> can pick which particles want to run over, can pick things like DoTrigger, picks the right special job options, algorithms
=> uses Analysis.Flags (?)
=> also something called doAOD, doESD
- DoParticles is specializes into p.ex. DoElectrons, here the variables are filled
- DoTrigger fills branches for different trigger chains: if event passed=>1, if not=>0
- DoL1ROI fills branches with eta, phi... of different region of interests
- DoTruth does fill branches with thruth info from MC (uses egammaMCTruthClassifier and muonMCTruthClassifier)
- DoTruth2 does fill branches with truth information from MC, also does a lot top, antitop, W, Z stuff
What would we want to change
- AOD/ESD? DONE
- add our variables (in case they are not there yet) DONE
- What about trigger information? DONE
- we only need Electrons and MET? Photons? Trigger/Truth? OK
- add Lumiblock and GoodRunListInfo
How to add a new algorithm?
- example DoEgammaESD
- add src, header file
- add in src/components
- add job options file in share
- add Flag in python
- add to general and analysis job options file
How to add a new variable?
- in header as vector
- in src as branch, clear, fill
- cross section that is used in MC production can be found in evgen.log which is in the MC09....evgen.... directory.
With the cross section and the number of generated events, one can calculate the available luminosity L = N/sigma.
With the cross section, one can get the number of events for a chosen luminosity (all integrated luminosities here). N = sigma * L
- 25 Feb 2010